*Annoucements*
Get your entries in for "Look Whooooo's Snapping"

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sweet & Salty Fall Treats

I've been wanting to make a little seasonal treat that I thought we'd all enjoy. So I decided to make a batch of chocolate covered pretzels. They're sweet. They're salty. They're crunchy. What's not to love?!

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

This treat is easy to make and ideal for any occasion. Here's how I made mine:

What you need:
- 1 package (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 dozen pretzel rods
- Chocolate and orange sprinkles

What to do:
- Place semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. (NOTE: Be sure to stir after every 20-30 seconds).
- Hold rod by it's end, and dip it into the chocolate about half way.
- Allow to cool
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.
- Dip rod in (on chocolate covered end) about a quarter of the way.
- Shake on sprinkles while chocolate is wet.
- Allow to cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator.



I'm pretty sure this little treat was a big success! My two-year old little girl seemed to think so anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...